Adventure To-Do List: White Water Rafting, Victoria Falls, Canyon Swing, House Boat on Lake Kariba, and Harare
Saturday, Oct 10-2015 – Arrive in Harare
- Sad: with some sister-sister tears between Hailey and Brande, 2 of our Kili trekkers leave us today (Paul & Hailey) to venture Zanzibar and more before heading back to Canada
- Happy: with major excitement the rest of us Kili trekkers are carrying onto Zimbabwe and our good friends Ajay & Jenny are joining us from Canada on this day!
- Arrive from Kilimanjaro at Harare International Airport at 10:30 am with Kenyan Airways (Jenny & Ajay meet up with us during our layover in Nairobi, Kenya)
- Matt, Scott, Lana, Jenny & Ajay venture to an awesome rental home Lana arranged near the University
- Brande & Lance visit with our nephew and his mom who live in Harare, I think we even get to go to a local Water Polo Tournament!
Sunday, Oct 11-2015 – Lake Kariba Houseboat
- Flight Harare to Lake Kariba with Air Zimbabwe
- Arrive Lake Kariba at 10:30 am, and make our way to the harbour
- Check in / board the Houseboat African Queen for 3 nights
Monday, Oct 12-2015 – Lake Kariba Houseboat
- Enjoying our first full day on the boat, maybe some fishing or some slow passes close to shore to see the hippos and crocodiles
Tuesday, Oct 13-2015 – Lake Kariba Houseboat
- Enjoying our second full day on the boat, maybe today is some more fishing, playing Cards Against Humanity and card games on deck
Wednesday, Oct 14-2015 – Lake Kariba to Victoria Falls
- Check out of the African Queen Houseboat
- Flight from Lake Kariba to Victoria Falls with Air Zimbabwe
- Arrive at noon, airport transfer pre-arranged
- Check into the Bayete Guest Lodge for 4 nights
Thursday, Oct 15-2015 – Victoria Falls, Devil’s Pool
- Livingstone Island Tour for High Tea – sounds quite refine doesn’t it? Well part of that event is visiting Devil’s Pool
- Devil’s Pool is where you float in the rushing waters of Victoria Falls as you look over the 103 m drop of the falls (cannon ball anyone?)
- Devil’s Pool is on the Zambia side of Zimbabwe
Friday, Oct 16-2015 – Victoria Falls, Canyon Swing
- Bridge Swing with Victoria Falls as our backdrop
- A simple 80 m free fall, nothing to be scared of right?
- Change underwear post swing, yikes!
Saturday, Oct 17-2015 – Victoria Falls, White Water Rafting
- White Water Rafting down the Zambezi river fed by Vic Falls
- This is just an easy Class 5 White Water Rafting venture. Is this the time to mention that in North America you are not allowed to offer Class 5 rapids as a commercial venture!?
- Why worry about Class 5 when its the crocodiles that are the real prob!
Sunday, Oct 18-2015 – Harare
- Flight Vic Falls to Harare with Air Zimbabwe
- Arrive at 4:40 pm
- Check in to the rental vacation home Lana arranged for 3 nights
Monday, Oct 19-2015 – Harare
- Check out all of the great sights of Harare
- Brande & Lance will go visit his mom who lives just hours away
Tuesday, Oct 20-2015 – Harare
- Another day of Harare sight seeing
- Brande & Lance will go visit some more family and friends around town
Wednesday , Oct 21-2015 – South Africa Here We Come
- Flight Harare to Johannesburg with South Africa Airlines
- Arrive at 10:30 am and pick up our rental 9-seater Van
- Drive Johannesburg to Durban, 600 km ….